NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR OPT-IN TO MAILING LIST WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is offered and sponsored by ITW Global Brands (“Sponsor”), 16200 Park Row Drive, Suite 120, Houston, Texas 77084. National Automotive Parts Association Corporation d/b/a NAPA Auto Parts (“NAPA”) and Formula Drift Holdings, LLC are NOT sponsors of the Sweepstakes.
- ADMINISTRATOR: The Sweepstakes is administered by Exposure Marketing & Promotion, Inc. (“Administrator”), 1000 North Opdyke Rd, Auburn Hills, MI 48326.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry, or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is greater. Persons residing in other jurisdictions are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor, Administrator, or NAPA, and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and web design agencies, and all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate families (biological, step or in-law) including parent, grandparent, child, sibling, or spouse of any of the foregoing (regardless of where they live) or households of any of the above, whether related or not, IRS dependents, are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The “Sweepstakes Period” begins on January 1, 2018, at 12:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on February 28, 2018 at 11:59 PM CT (“Closing Date”). The Administrator’s server is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER – BY TEXT: To enter the Sweepstakes, send the word RAINX as an SMS text message from your mobile device to short code 88202. You will receive a link to the entry form. Click on the link and provide the information as requested on the entry form (an “Entry”). You must have an SMS enabled device with text messaging capabilities to participate via this method. Some mobile providers may block messaging to short codes. Not all wireless carriers participate. Standard message and data rates will apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such message, data, and wireless charges. Each SMS Sweepstakes text submission will generate a text response. Opting-in to receive additional promotional offers by email will not increase one’s chances of winning. Participation constitutes entrant’s unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to discontinue reply texts. Proof of text message does not constitute proof of delivery or Entry.
HOW TO ENTER – BY MAIL: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mail as follows. On a plain 3″ x 5″ index card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, zip code, phone number (including area code), and email address (if any) and mail your completed 3″ x 5″ card to: RAIN-X® and NAPA® DRIFT Experience Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 210700, Auburn Hills, MI 48326. To be considered eligible to participate, mail entries must be post-marked by the Closing Date and received by March 6, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for lost entries.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/e-mail address/mailing address per day, regardless of method of Entry.
- ENTRY TERMS: Any Entries received in excess of the preceding entry limits for a participant will be disqualified. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries as per the applicable limit by using multiple or different email addresses or identities (or any other artifice or device) will void all of that participant’s Entries and that participant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. If more than the stated number of Entries as per the applicable limit are received from any one (1) person or email address, only the first Entry will be considered a valid Entry and all other Entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a participant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry will be deemed ineligible. Only eligible Entries actually received by Sponsor before the Closing Date will be included in the Sweepstakes drawing.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: On or around March 7, 2018, a random drawing will be held from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) “Grand Prize Winner,” five (5) “Second Place Winners”, and twenty-five (25) “Third Place Winners” (collectively or individually “Winners” or “Winner”). The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, and Administrator’s decisions will be final in all matters pertaining to the random drawing. The potential Winners will be subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Winners will be required to sign and return to the Administrator an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted) (“Affidavit”) after each Winner is notified that she/he is a potential Winner. Each potential Grand Prize Winner must also identify his/her intended guest, and that guest will be required to sign and return Affidavit. The potential Winners and the Grand Prize Winners’ guests must sign and return Affidavit within a timely manner, as stipulated by the Administrator. An entrant is not a winner of any prize until entrant’s eligibility as a Winner has been verified, entrant has been notified that verification is complete, and entrant has complied with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will notify a potential Winner by email―at the same email address provided in the participant’s Entry. If a potential Winner did not include an email address in the entry form, then that potential Winner will be notified by telephone at the telephone number provided on the entry form. Three (3) attempts will be made within one 72-hour period to contact the potential Winner. If a potential Winner does not respond to Sponsor within the 72-hour allotted time period, Sponsor will randomly select another potential Winner from all eligible Entries, and the same process will be repeated until each Winner is contacted and all of the Prizes are awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting an entrant if that entrant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor the proper contact information when such information is required. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, forfeiture of the Prize and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following: (a) the potential Winner’s failure to respond to notification within the specified response period; (b) the potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residence; or (c) any non-compliance with these Official Rules.
The odds of winning a Prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): The one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a trip for two (2) to Atlanta, Georgia for Formula DRIFT® Round 3: Road To The Championship, May 11, 2018 – May 12, 2018 (“Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize includes: round-trip, coach-class airplane fare for two (2) persons; standard-room hotel fare for (2) persons for three (3) consecutive nights from May 10, 2018 – May 13, 2018; $500 Visa gift card; $250 NAPA Auto Parts gift card; and two (2) VIP passes for the Road to the Championship at Road Atlanta events on May 11 and 12, 2018. The Grand Prize Winner may choose as a guest to accompany him/her on the Grand Prize trip any legal resident of the United States who is either at least eighteen (18) years of age or a person for whom the Grand Prize Winner is a parent or legal guardian. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any additional costs incurred. ARV of Grand Prize: $3,000.
Five (5) Second Place Prize Winners will each be awarded one (1) $250 NAPA Auto Parts gift card (“Second Place Prize”). ARV of all Second Place Prize: $1,250.
Twenty-five (25) Third Place Prize Winners will each be awarded two (2) Rain-X® Latitude wiper blades. ARV of all Third Place Prizes: $1,350.
ARV of all Prizes: $5,600.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Prize Elements – Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if all or part of the advertised Prizes are unavailable or cannot reasonably be provided for any reason. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner is permitted. Each Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize he or she receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
The Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide his/her Social Security number or tax ID for tax reporting as Sponsor will file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of prize and the winner will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes. Grand Prize trip – All travelers must possess required travel documents (e.g., valid photo ID) prior to departure. Each Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest will be required to sign liability release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel guests must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or a person for whom the Grand Prize Winner is a parent or legal guardian. Travel is subject to availability, and certain blackout dates may apply. If Grand Prize Winner is unable or unwilling to travel on the dates specified, the entire Grand Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of the trip portion of the Grand Prize not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, meals, beverages, taxes and gratuities, are entirely the winner’s responsibility. Hotel accommodations are standard room/double occupancy. Each Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the dates and times specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize may be forfeited and awarded, where practical, to an alternate. Multiple guests/travel companions or variations to any set itinerary on any prize trip will not be managed by Sponsor or Administrator and any additional cost for any such changes will be the sole responsibility of Each Grand Prize Winner. If any Grand Prize Winner lives in the vicinity of any prize destination (in Sponsor’s sole opinion), he or she will receive ground transfers in lieu of air travel and no additional compensation will be awarded. Each Grand Prize Winner must book Grand Prize trip by April 1, 2018. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. In the event that either Grand Prize trip event is cancelled or postponed, that element(s) will be forfeited and the remaining elements for that Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of the Prize.
If any Prize is lost, destroyed, or stolen it will not be replaced. Allow 4-6 weeks for the mailing of your Prize.
THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- RELEASE: By entering, unless prohibited by law, participants agree to release, discharge, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Sponsor, Administrator, NAPA, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and its respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents, and agencies, (“Released Parties”) from and against any demands, claims, liability, costs, losses, damages, or causes of action, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of, in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from participating or attempting to participate in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance, possession, misuse, use, or award of the Prizes. Unless prohibited by law, the Winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the Prizes after they have been delivered.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by applicable law, acceptance of each Prize constitutes each Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of that Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information, statements, and/or home state for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes in any media, worldwide, without remuneration for said use.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor and Administrator each reserve the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s or Administrator’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor or Administrator in either of their sole discretions. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event any Winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or Administrator or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes or withdraw that Winner’s Prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website or mobile device users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission (including text message transmission), communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to the website. The Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s mobile device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor or Administrator, in the sole opinion of Sponsor or Administrator, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes and select Winners from Entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor or Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES, RELEASED PARTIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, LOST PROFITS, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE, OR ADDITIONAL DAMAGES.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by applicable law, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before the appropriate Texas federal or state courts located in Harris County, Texas. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, indirect, lost profits, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and each participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Texas. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Harris County, Texas.
- WINNERS LIST: The name of the Winners (“Winners List”) may be requested only after the Closing Date and no later than May 31, 2018. To receive the Winners List, www.promodetails.com and enter the promo code EPICDRIFT.
- ADMINISTRATION OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Administrator’s administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential Winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible Entries received on or before the Closing Date.